Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Cat Power

Had the best Valentine's Day - not that I really go for that kind of crap, but hey, it was nice to actually do something authentically celebratory. None of those red roses... but we did eat a couple of heart-shaped chocolates on our picnic. Yes, a picnic with some nice bubbly by the sea and then on to see Cat Power. She was much as I imagined she'd be - shy and nervous and odd, and the music was exquisite. It was great to see it in a theatre. I can't imagine how she would manage singing in a bar situation. The support act of John White was really sympathetic to her music. I've just found out he has a new album that came out in 2004 - definitely got to lay my hands on that.

And still, no Shins tickets! Victoria University is organising this and they are obviously woefully disorganised. The gig is less than a week away and no tickets are yet available through Real Groovy. Grrr! I hope they still have some for the general public - I'm worried that they'll sell out really fast since they'll only have a limited amount available after the students get theirs.

Holly Golightly is coming to NZ soon - could be worth a look, although I only know of her through that song she did with the White Stripes. Must do some research.

2 comments:

NewsBlogger said...

Hello, I like to contact you! My name is Rose,
By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about home based business I have found your site.
I was looking out for home based business related information. Sorry, I have see that your Cat Power isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.
I like to set up a link to you. What you think about?
It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz

NewsBlogger said...

Hello, my name is Blogger,
I have SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION abouthome working and found your site.
I was looking out for home working related information. Anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match.
Sorry, I have see that your Cat Power wasn't exactly, what I was looking for, but, certainly got my attention and interest.
It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz